Since its introduction, the innovative NM4 has accumulated aficionados from all walks of life, including people who previously paid no attention to motorcycling. That’s understandable considering the model’s sculpted styling with integrated storage, plus features like a 25-color LED display and integrated front and rear LED lights. That said, there’s plenty below the surface as well, such as the 670cc fuel-injected parallel-twin engine, plus rider-friendly attributes like a low seat height, six-speed Automatic DCT transmission, anti-lock brakes and passenger seat that flips up to become a backrest for the rider. For 2016, the NM4 is sure to continue turning heads and creating unique riding experiences.
• Color: Matte Black Metallic
• Price: $10,999
• Availability: June 2015
The limited-edition NM4—the near future where fantasy is reality, and imagination with inspired engineering makes every moment feel like a cinematic adventure.
With a twist of the throttle, the 670cc fuel-injected engine engages. Reflections from the street lamps on the sculpted front end come faster and faster with each upshift of the Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission. Integrated saddlebags stow away everything you need to escape and almost anything you discover along the way. Strong Anti-Lock Brakes help you avoid the hazards of a cluttered urban wasteland. Images of everyday life fade away. Your brave new journey has begun.
Styling That Stands Out
Want to turn some heads? The NM4 does more than just that. It’s easily one of the most unique motorcycles on the road. The first time you see one up close, you’ll never forget—and neither will anyone else. The angular fairing, the presence the front-end commands, the integrated storage. The NM4 is as futuristic as anything on two wheels.
Six-Speed Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission
Honda’s revolutionary Automatic DCT transmission is changing the way people ride. It’s smooth, smart and the clear choice for a machine as futuristic as this one. Want to shift yourself? The handlebar-mounted paddle-style buttons put you in control. It’s the best of both worlds.
Advanced Twin-Cylinder Engine
No matter how revolutionary a motorcycle looks, we all know great bikes start with great engines. The NM4’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin is pure Honda. Tipping the cylinders forward also contributes to the NM4’s low center of gravity, a big plus in terms of handling.
2015 Honda NM4 Features and Benefits
If you’ve ever wanted to transport yourself into the future, this is your machine. By design, the NM4 shakes up the status quo and explodes conventional barriers in order to attract a whole new segment of forward-thinking riders to motorcycling. Beneath its futuristic bodywork there’s a 670cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine with four valves per cylinder, automatic dual-clutch transmission and ABS. Storage pockets in the fairing plus saddlebags add real-world utility, and the rear turn signals are neatly integrated into the rear bags. The rider settles easily onto a comfy seat that’s perched a low, 25.6 inches off the ground, and there’s also a cool and practical rider backrest feature—the passenger seat flips up and can be set at three different angles and slides fore and aft to one of four positions. Full LED lighting lets the NM4 stand out whether it’s coming or going, the fat, 200mm rear tire imparts a cool look, and the meter display can be illuminated in any of 25 different color choices—nearly one for every day of the month.
Features and Benefits
- Neo-futuristic styling highlights Honda’s capabilities for innovation.
- Sophisticated, liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque for a linear and smooth power delivery.
- Remarkably low seat height of 25.6 inches along with the 62-degree forward angle of the cylinder assembly help create a very low center of gravity, making the NM4 feel distinctly nimble and fun to ride.
- Second-generation Automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sportier riding and D for everyday use.
- Twin engine balancer shafts quell vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted floorboards also add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS) provides full antilock functionality for secure braking action.
- Full LED lighting for the headlight, taillight and turn signals give bright illumination and a distinctive appearance with reduced power draw.
- Convertible passenger seat flips up to provide a backrest for the rider; three-way adjustable for lean angle, four-way adjustable for fore-and-aft positioning.
- Integrated storage includes two saddlebags plus two storage pockets in the upper cowl.
- Rider floorboards for added comfort.
- Large 18-inch front wheel and fat rear wheel with 200mm tire lend a distinctive look.
- High-tech meter display can be set to any of 25 different colors. Stock settings alter by drive mode: white for Neutral; blue for D; pink for S; red for MT.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.