The perfect union of fuel injected, big-bore power and 4×4 ATV capability
The leader of Kawasaki’s V-twin powered, sport-utility all-terrain vehicle (ATV) pack, the Brute Force® 750 4x4i retains its top status for 2009 by mating a hard-charging digital fuel injected V-twin engine to the plush ride supplied by its competent front and rear fully independent suspension and superb four-wheel drive system. Wrapped in aggressive bodywork, it’s the perfect choice for adventure enthusiasts and sportsmen alike.
The Brute Force 750 4x4i is driven by a powerful 90-degree, four-stroke, fuel injected V-twin engine. The 749cc, twin Electrofusion-plated aluminum cylinders are fed via 36mm throttle bodies controlled by a 32-bit CPU, which delivers the correct mixture based on coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle. Its high-pressure fuel pump is located inside the tank and has a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom to help ensure air does not get into the fuel system.
The low spring rate for the throttle return springs and ball bearings in the throttle bodies translates into lighter feel at the throttle lever and less rider fatigue. Instantaneous fuel delivery and crisp engine response from the eight-valve engine make it a hit with sport riders. A high-efficiency radiator is mounted high in the chassis where it is best shielded from mud and debris.
The Brute Force 750 4x4i gets the power from its V-twin engine to the wheels through a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with low or high range, and reverse. The rider is able to select two- or four-wheel-drive operation simply by pressing a button on the handlebar. In four-wheel-drive mode, the Brute Force ATV utilizes a limited-slip front differential, which eases steering effort under most riding conditions. The rider can also engage the handlebar mounted Variable Front Differential Control lever to manage torque delivery to the right and left front wheels for maximum traction.
The front drive shafts of the Brute Force feature Cardan joints –an industry first. Similar to U-joints, Cardan joints help absorb torque fluctuations to the drive shaft, and the lightweight design helps to reduce vibration. The small and compact rear final gear case and sealed rear braking system were designed in conjunction with the IRS and are extremely rugged and efficient.
Dual front discs and Kawasaki’s highly acclaimed sealed rear braking system bring the Brute Force 750 4x4i to a quick halt. Completely sealed, the rear braking system’s components are protected from mud, dust and debris. Its compact size also provides more ground clearance than a conventional rear disc brake system. Enhancing the highly effective braking is the engine’s Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, which helps slow the ATV under certain conditions.
Ride comfort on the Brute Force 750 4x4i doesn’t come at the expense of sport performance. Dual-rate springs for the front and rear suspension permit the best of both worlds. A soft initial spring rate for the bumps at slower speeds and a firmer second rate to handle higher speeds comes into play as the springs are further compressed. Complimenting the suspension, the urethane foam in the seat is firm enough to be supportive yet provide plenty of comfort for long hours in the saddle.
The Brute Force 750 4x4i utilizes a simple, yet sturdy double-cradle tubular steel frame with front dual A-arms and IRS. The front dual A-arms feature adjustable shocks with 6.7 inches of travel, while the IRS employs a leading torsion bar and provides 7.9 inches of travel. A combination of needle bearings and ball joints in the lower rear A-arms gives the IRS unrivaled suspension action, stability and excellent rider comfort.
As if performance wasn’t enough, the Brute Force 750 4x4i can turn heads with looks alone with its polished 12-inch wheels. Clad in aggressive tires, the eye-catching wheels help give the ATV its 9.7 inches of ground clearance and transfer the awesome power of the V-twin engine to the ground.
The 750 4x4i’s front bumper is designed for easily manhandling the Brute Force when the need arises. Behind the bumper is the strong and tough angular bodywork constructed of high-gloss and scratch-resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin (TPO). Underneath this bodywork is a factory-installed plastic conduit for easy winch installation.
The chassis balance is further optimized by the large five-gallon fuel tank beneath the seat. Keeping the weight in check are aluminum footpegs on the full-sized floorboards and lightweight cargo racks that can carry a combined weight of 264 pounds. The capable Brute Force can also tow 1,250 pounds.
It comes standard with a hitch ball bracket –all the customer needs is a standard hitch ball. Owners can expand the versatility of the Brute Force with a variety of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available through Kawasaki dealers.
Its upright and comfortable rider position enhances the rider’s ability to interact with the Brute Force 750 4x4i, and scan the horizon and the easy to read automotive-style instrument panel. Other features include the waterproof storage box in the left front fender, and a storage compartment in the right front fender.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Fuel injected 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine
– Digital fuel Injection provides the perfect delivery throughout the rpm range with fast throttle response
– 36mm throttle bodies are controlled by a 32-bit CPU, which monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to help ensure the perfect air fuel mixture
– Light throttle action due to low spring rate for the throttle return springs and ball bearing equipped throttle body for less friction
– High-pressure fuel pump located inside tank
– Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
– Highly efficient and compact rare-earth magnets in the generator help contribute to reduced engine width
– Engine can be started in any gear when a brake is applied
– Access to the air filter requires removing only one cover
– Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
Transmission and Powertrain
– Fully automatic Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse
– Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction
– Air for the CVT and airbox enter from a reverse-facing snorkel located beneath the handlebars to help protect against water and mud
– Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the handlebar
– Cardan joints on drive shafts absorb torque fluctuations and reduce vibration
– Plastic front and rear axle boots provide protection from debris
– Double-cradle frame is made of sturdy, tubular steel
– Chassis provides 9.7 inches of ground clearance
– Dual A-arm front suspension feature adjustable shocks and 6.7 inches of travel
– Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at low to medium speeds, and provides 7.9 inches of travel
– Upper and lower front A-arms and lower rear A-arms utilize a combination of needle bearings and ball joints for smooth suspension action, stability and excellent rider comfort
– Dual front disc brakes with two-piston calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power
– Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
– High-gloss, scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork stays looking good longer
– Waterproof storage box in the left front fender that compliments the easy-access storage pocket on the right side
– Bumper design provides an effective handgrip position
– Comfortable, upright seating position combined with the independent rear suspension for a luxurious ride
– Rider comfort is enhanced via soft, yet firm urethane seat foam that provides lasting support for long hours in the saddle
– Automotive-style instruments include digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip meters, clock, hour meter and fuel gauge and are mounted for easy viewing
– Fitted with pre-routed tubing and mounting brackets for easy winch wiring and installation
– Four-bulb 40-watt headlights provide maximum lighting power for nighttime rides
– Aluminum footpegs help keep weight low
– Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250 lbs. towing capacity is standard equipment
– Tire and wheel design provides an integrated look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb traction
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
- Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 749cc
- Starting system: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
- Compression ratio: 8.8:1
- Fuel system: Digital Fuel Injection; (2) 36mm Mikuni throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame: Double-cradle, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arm / 6.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Fully Independent, dual A-arm / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: AT25x8-12
- Rear tires: AT25x10-12
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic 200mm discs with 2-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 86.4 in.
- Overall width: 45.9 in.
- Overall height: 48.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 9.7 in.
- Seat height: 35.6 in.
- Lighting: (4) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 / 176 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
- Curb weight: 652.7 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Instruments: Speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2×4/4×4 indicator, neutral indicator, reverse indicator, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Lime Green, Super Black and Dark Royal Red
- MSRP: $8,199